Registration has closed for
the FCA CREST Awards
for 2012 calendar year.
Click Here for More Information
Visit our Safety Documents page for access to members only documents, including the written safety manual for general construction, the written respirator safety program manual and general safety forms for your company.
Upcoming Safety Events
Safety Advisory Committee
The purpose of FCA's Safety Advisory Committee is to promote a safety culture and proactive environment, and to provide leadership in the development, implementation, education and involvement in safety by:
- Promoting continuous safety improvement through training and education in compliance with federal, state, and local safety and health regulations as well the latest professional practices.
- Providing a forum to address concerns, issues, policies, procedures and projects that impact health and safety performance.
- Providing tactical support for safety and occupational health strategies, resources, policy development and consultation services.
- Improving communications on safety issues, especially conditions relevant to our industries.
- Encouraging FCA members to take an active role in safety and empowering them to identify and correct unsafe conditions and promote safe behavior.
- Acknowledging FCA members for safety achievements.
Randy Bender – Color Inc./Allied Construction
FCA Staff Liaison
Cindi Spangler – Central Regional Vice President & Safety Specialist
Safety Advisory Executive Committee
Mark Borgmann – Leach Painting Company
Mike Chiras – PC Painting & Decorating
Mike Logue – Technical Services Information
Wayne Long – Thomas Industrial Coatings, Inc.
Terry Osburn – William B. Saleh Company
Kevin Schloerb – County Glass & Metal Installer’s, Inc.
Mike Wilkinson – Long Painting
Quick Safety Links
- ANSI Mast-Climbing Work Platforms
- Fall Protection Product Recall/Stop Use Notice
Free Posters and Publications
Easy access to free OSHA publications or posters.
OSHA Small Business Website
Small Business Assistance Website provides users with resources and information specifically for the small business owner.
OSHA Inspection Data
New search technology to provide faster and more accurate access to OSHA Inspection data.
A quick way to keep up with news and information that's important to you and have it delivered directly to your inbox via e-mail.
- OSHA Latest News
Top 10 Most Frequently Cited Standards for Fiscal 2010 (Oct. 1, 2009 to Sept. 30, 2010)
Federal Data - As of Oct. 8, 2010
The following is a list of the top 10 most frequently cited standards following inspections of worksites by federal OSHA. OSHA publishes this list to alert employers about these commonly cited standards so they can take steps to find and fix recognized hazards addressed in these and other standards before OSHA shows up. Far too many preventable injuries and illnesses occur in the workplace.
- 1926.451 – Scaffolding
- 1926.501 – Fall Protection
- 1910.1200 – Hazard Communication
- 1910.134 – Respiratory Protection
- 1926.1053 – Ladders
- 1910.147 – Lockout/Tagout
- 1910.305 – Electrical, Wiring Methods
- 1910.178 – Powered Industrial Trucks
- 1910.303 – Electrical, General Requirements
- 1910.212 – Machine Guarding