Can you and your silica competent person answer these inspection questions?
- How often does the competent person conduct inspections of the site, materials, equipment and what do those inspections involve?
- How often do you conduct inspections of the site, materials, equipment and what do those inspections involve?
- What is your knowledge and ability related to implementing the Exposure Control Plan (based on level of training, education, work experience)?
- What are the tasks involving silica exposure and how your employer controls them?
- How do you determine that the controls are working?
- How does your employer restrict access to high-exposure areas?
- What is your authority to promptly correct or eliminate silica hazards?
Did you have any trouble answering these questions?
Request your respirable silica package and start working on these answers now!
Were you able to easily answer all these questions?
You must have a great respirable silica program! FCA has respirable silica packages available that could serve as a good reference resource to compliment that program.