Summer is in full swing, and many areas across North America are facing record heat-index levels. FCA International has compiled a list of several heat-stress resources to help contractors and their safety teams as they work to protect their workers from heat-related illnesses.
- First Aid, Heat and Sun Safety (part of the FCA Toolbox Talk Program. Access to FCA toolbox talk program is included in FCA membership. If your company has not requested your access yet, use the Safety Tools Request Form at the bottom of the FCA Safety Resources page.)
- First Aid – Heat Stress (Publication OSHA 3154)
- Heat Index Planning Checklist for Employers (OSHA)
- FAQs for Working in Hot Temperature Conditions (CCOHS)
- Control Measures for Working in Hot Environments (CCOHS)
- Heat Stress Program Template (cost included in FCA membership. Request your plan using the Safety Tools Request form at the bottom of the page. NOTE – if your company has previously requested other FCA safety tools, you do not need to re-request them with your heat stress program).