The Construction Industry Alliance for Suicide Prevention has made several mental health toolbox talks available for contractors this National Suicide Prevention Month. For an industry with a suicide rate that is four times greater than the general population, these talks are a valuable resource for any employers who want to use this opportunity to discuss the subject with their teams and help break construction’s stigma around mental health.
List of Mental Health Toolbox Talks from CIASP
- Awareness: The Risk of Suicide in Construction
- Decrease: Changing the Statistics of Suicide in Construction
- Normalize: How to Talk About Mental Health and Suicide
- Safe: Mental Health and Suicide Prevention as a Safety Priority
- Train: How to Talk to Someone at Risk of Suicide